Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping in Timeline

joel.outry August 24, 2023

Hi all

We are migrating from Asana to JWM. One feature that is dearly missed by our users is the option to group tasks in the timeline view. Grouping can be done in the list view, but not in the timeline. 

Has anyone solved this? Is it on the roadmap for future releases, or might there be an app that can solve this need for now?

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Taborda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

This is a critical issue. What good is it to see issues on a list, if I can't see what parent they belong to. 

This is completely basic functionality in all other PM software.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2023

Hello @joel.outry 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I have not found a change request to add grouping to the JWM timeline, in Atlassian's public backlog. You may want to contact Atlassian support directly to see if they can find (or open) such a change request.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

Thank you for sharing the link.

Advanced Roadmaps was not the correct category in which to create that change request, I think. The Timeline function in Jira Work Management is different functionality than Advanced Roadmaps. 

Did you create the change request yourself, or did you contact Atlassian Support to find out if they already had a change request that matches?

joel.outry August 28, 2023

I went into the systems board and clicked on JWM, opened the request there. Can it be moved into the right place?

I did not contact support on this.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

I recommend that you contact support at this point and let them know about the suggestion you created. They will move it as needed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events