Filter overdue issues

Concept of Safety May 31, 2023

Is it posssible to filter overdue issues in jira work management? for example to filter and view overdue issues on board/listcalendar? As JWM doesn't support quick filters, how can it be achieved? 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2023

Hi @Concept of Safety  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Another option is to create a second board where you could add a Quick Filter. You can read about how to do that here. Give it a Like if it helps you. :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Hi,

Are you sure create a second board is an option for JWM? 

jira wm.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2023

Sorry, I was assuming you have a Jira Software license. Do you only have Jira Work Management licenses? 

Yes, just JWM license. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

Sorry, yes, you need to have a Jira Software license to create the second board since it is really a Jira Software board which is used to connect to a JWM project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

You should be able to add a free Jira Software license for up to 10 users though. 

Concept of Safety June 11, 2023

Hello,

I tried this automation rule, it finds overdue issues and add them label "overdue", than I can filter these issues by label.

How do you think, can it cause some trouble that I can't foresee for now? I added similar automation rule to remove this label after issue is transition to Done status. 

jira1.png

jira2.png

0 votes
Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2023

Yes, as long as you make sure to set a due date on all the issues you want to track.

You can then create a filter to find issues with passed due date;

duedate < currentday()

/Markus

Yes I can create a JQL filter, but in Jira Work Management quick filters aren't avaialble as far as I know. I need this filter on board/list/calendar view. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events