Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field order in list is changing

Olli Lutz January 24, 2022

Hello all,

every time after i set an order of my fields in jira work managements list view and another person joins this project or looks on the list for the first time, the fields are resetted to the default view.

Also the fields i checked and unchecked are set back to default. This is quiet annoying, cause people cant access/see the information from the fields i checked/enabled.

Any idea to solve this? Or is this a bug?

Bests

Olli

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi Olli,

Rearranging the fields are only for the view of the person who is changing them. Every user must change the order of the fields for themselves. The developers are aware and have a more permanent solution in find, but I am not aware of the timeframe. 

Olli Lutz January 25, 2022

Yeah but the order sets back to default, if other users join the project.

Like i said. The sort from me, for me is not saved sometimes.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Yes, I think this is a bug they have. You should click on the Give feedback link on the lefthand side and let them know. 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Olli Lutz

just to add to John's answer - if you're open to solution from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to try JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged table/spreadsheet view that comes with support for inline editing, quick sorting and filtering, and issue hierarchies - plus its configuration is, by default, shared across all team members.

Here's how it looks in action:

Configuring JXL to match your needs (shared across all users):

column-management.gif

Operating on your issues once a JXL sheet is set up:

status-change.gif

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events