Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "Reporter is not associated to the task issue type

Yatin Shingala January 31, 2024

For Jira work management, when changing the reporter name, I am having below error message

Error message: "Reporter is not associated to the Task issue type"

Why am I getting this error message.?

What does it mean?

How can I resolve it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2024

Hello @Yatin Shingala 

Can you provide a screen image showing the screen/form where you are trying to change the Reporter name and getting this error? Obscure confidential data and names.

I have attached a screen image.  The Preeja is trying to change the name of A reporter. At the time of changing the reporter's name, getting the error message. 

Image - Error message.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

Is that a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information is at the bottom of the panel on the left, hidden behind the error message in the image you provided.

Is this error coming up for the logged in user for all types of issues in the project?

Does the same error come up for other users that try to change the Reporter value?

Yatin Shingala February 1, 2024

It is a team-managed project.

The error is coming for the logged user.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2024

Does the error occur when the user tries to change the Reporter for other types of issues in the project?

Does the error happen only when this user tries to change the Reporter? Or does the same error happen when other users try to change the Reporter?

Yatin Shingala February 1, 2024

My observations are as below

There are three roles 1) Administrator, 2) Member, and 3) Viewer.

The administrator has full access.

Member can modify the ticket but not the Reporter and getting error message.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2024

I believe this is a permissions issue then.

You will need to review the permissions assigned to the Member role in the project. I would bet there is a Modify Reporter permission and it is not granted to the Member role.

I don't think you can change the permissions of the built in Roles. You would need to create a new custom role and give that permission to that Role. You would then need to assign the users to that new Role.

0 votes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events