Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Automatically set start date when ticket moved from To Do ---> In Progress column

Alfons Mientjes April 16, 2022

Hello all,

I would like my issue start date to be automatically set to today when I move an issue from To Do to In Progress.

I have followed the steps described in below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automatically-set-start-date-when-ticket-moved-from-To-Do-gt-In/qaq-p/1479776

It describes 1 step that I can't figure out, namely:
Check if the user "Automation app user" is added to the "atlassian-addons-project-access" role:
1) I cannot add users to this role.
2) I also can't find this group even though jira says it exists.

Someone who can help me?Automatisering.pngatlassian-addons-project-access.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2022

Pushing aside the automation in the proper group, what exactly are you experiencing when you transition an issue. What does the log show? Is it triggered ? Does it pass the condition? Does it fail at the action?

Alfons Mientjes April 20, 2022

Thanks for the response, I have now solved it differently by having a post position action performed on it. It now works as desired.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Yes post functions can work here as well. Glad you got it working!

Alfons Mientjes April 20, 2022

Now I'm going to try the same with the end date, when in progress to done. I want this date to be automatically filled within the advanced roadmaps. I just don't see the end date field inside the post position. Do you have any idea how I can solve this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2022

I don't as I'm not using advanced roadmaps. With that said it doesn't surprise me that Field, is not available in the post function since those fields are relatively new. However I am surprised that the start date is available to be honest. The only option that I see is to use automation which is the original path you were going. I have to believe that this is possible though, as stated,I have not attempted it myself. I would do a quick search in the Community as well. I suspect others may help accomplish this.

Like Alfons Mientjes likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events