Can I view all of my assigned tasks across projects in a single board?

Spencer Applegate October 12, 2022

My team has several projects, across which I have many tasks assigned to me. I'd love to be able to see all of those tasks together in a single board view (with To-Do, In Progress, Done buckets). I know there is a "Your Work" page that lists out issues assigned to me, but I'm hoping to be able to see them across projects in the board view. Is this already possible?

4 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Hi Spencer - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to create a second board for that. Here's an article I recently wrote that will help walk you through the process. If it helps you out, give a Like for it.  :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Spencer Applegate October 16, 2022

This only works for "Jira Software" users. My org isn't using that version. Thank you though.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

No, it applies to JSW, JWM, and JSM projects. 

Andrew Reid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

I only have access to JWM so I cannot access /jira/boards. Is there another way to do this?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 29, 2024

See if you can get a Free subscription to Jira Software (up to 10 users for Free). 

0 votes
Mary Kable February 29, 2024

I was actually able to create a dashboard to include al my assigned tasks as well as tasks I am mentioned. This has solved my issue.

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Spencer Applegate ,

Thanks for your question! I'm Jane, one of the Product Managers from the JWM team. We're currently recruiting research participants who can help us understand the need to have a space where they're able to see a consolidated view of their projects.

If you're interested, I would love to invite you for a paid 60 - 90 minute research session where we will be giving you a sneak peak into some landing experience concepts that we're looking to bring into JWM. This will give you a chance to let us know what you're expecting out of such experience, and potentially influence what this looks like in the product. 

Please feel free to email me at jyeoh@atlassian.com for more details. We're in the process of setting sessions up, and will be releasing timings shortly.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jane

Mary Kable April 10, 2023

Have there been any developments on this functionality? We use business-managed projects. It would be helpful for the user to be able to see their tasks across all the boards in one consolidated location.

Thank you,

Like Ashleigh.Cox likes this
0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

I don't think you can add filters to the board view in JWM.

If you have Jira Software, then you can do this in Company managed Jira projects by adding a filter with all your assigned issues.

It might be messy though if the statuses are different in different Jira projects, so it might not be very practical. The board would need to have all statuses mapped to one of the columns.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events