Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board over multiple projects for JWM-only-users

HUP GmbH July 3, 2023

Hi,

is there a way to have one board over multiple projects for users who have only access to Jira Work Management?

We have colleagues who work in different teams with different projects and issues and need to have an overview over their tasks and the opportunity to plan and sort (manage?) their tasks in one board.

Or are there other alternatives? (without buying Jira Software)

Best regards,
Roland Siegel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sayed Bares _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2023

@HUP GmbH The only alternative is using Jira software since the agile boards are only available there and only then you can add multiple projects in your board.

Further, you can create an overview of your projects in JWM if you only want reporting and a bigger picture from your JWM projects.

HUP GmbH July 5, 2023

I see. So I can't actually not really manage my work with Jira Work Management. A bit missleading name for this kind of software.
Nice move, Atlassian...

Thanks, Sayed.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2023

Hi Roland,

As Sayed says you would need to create a JSW board for which you can create a filter that will show multiple projects. 

Here's an article on how to create that second board. If it is helpful, please give it a Like.  :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

HUP GmbH July 5, 2023

Hi John,

thanks, but this will only create a Jira Software Agile Board which a JWM-Only-User can't open as the URL "https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards" is blocked by Atlassian for all users who don't have access to "Jira Software". :( 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2023

True, the user would need a Jira Software license. I need to update the article to include that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events