cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation issue transition

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2023

Hi,

I would like to ask regarding certain automation, where I am struggling.

I have had an ending status, which I have changed in system from "done"  to "in progress" and extended length of the workflow.

Every time, when I tried to set the automation it never moved through workflow.

I have tried to set automation rule for trigger when value changes for Status and then condition if status is "XYZ" then transition to next status. This did not work for some reason.

I have tried to make the condition based on trigger point when the issue is transitioned, but the issue was, that automation was ran in the moment of the transition and not after the transition (when it would be in the correct status).

I have tried to set even trigger conditions like if another conditions are met, then run the automation, but that failed, because issue was in one status before the one I needed, which meant, that it went to error.

The only thing that remained to me was Filters >> Bulk change >> transition. But means I have to do it rather then use the automation for its purpose.

I have also tried to schedule the automation as trigger point, but that required JQL, which for some reason did not work.

I could use any of these 2 variants:

1) when issue comes to status "Information Delivered (D)" then instantly move to the next status "Complete Statistics" and assign to "XY"

2) On 1st of every month check all issues which are in certain projects in status "Information delivered (D)" + "Information delivered (J)" + "Information delivered (M)" and transition to status "Complete Statistics" and then assign to user "XY"

For example I am adding workflow, so that you can see for yourselfs.

Thank you for your helSnímek obrazovky 2023-03-16 155331.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2023

So the automation should be pretty straight forward, something like this should do it, just change the triggering transition and the destination transition:

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 8.04.00 AM.png

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2023

Yeah I though as well, I have tried it before and it did not work. Anyway for some unknown reason it works now, so I feel like a dumbass :-D Anyway thanks again.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg so apparently as I have tested it again, when the transition to the status is made by automation this automation will not recognize it and thus will not work. But if you manually transition the issue to the status the automation does grab it and it works. 

TO be fair it makes no sense  at all, but just FYI for you about it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events