You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Automation rule created:
1. When new issue is created on Jira Service Management Board
2. Clone issue to another Project - clone same issue type as trigger (cloning a story) - both projects have stories enabled.
---> Issue to copy value from trigger issue
---> custom field name applied
3. Link back to trigger issue
Audit log shows that it was successful but when checking the newly created story, the field did not copy over.
Hi @Heidi Gibson ,
Welcome to the community. To know more about the issue, please let me know
2. Cloned in same project using clone - values still present
3. No automation rules other than to clone the request to project B. Not sure where to check for post functions, but I checked the project workflows and I don't see anything clearing the field values - all generic demo WF's from setup
I dont know about proforma forms.
Regarding workflow post functions,
@Heidi Gibson You mentioned getting data from ProForma; have you looked into the documentation from ProForma?
"accessing form data directly using Automation for Jira is not officially supported and there are currently some significant limitations.": https://docs.thinktilt.com/proforma/Jira-Automation-(Cloud).1571291510.html
The documentation explains some work arounds.
What happens if you remove the 2022 Portfolio name configuration from the rule? As it should copy it over regardless as part of the Clone issue action.
It doesn't copy anything over, remains blank. I tried changing the clone action to a create issue action and same result.
I tried JSON, smart values, everything I can think of all day. I found this: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule/1357384
and it updated the fields, walked away, came back and tested again and it started failing again.
Hi Heidi - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Check the Context for each of the custom fields to be sure that they include the project (and/or issue type) for the new project you are trying to create the issue in.