Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated export of Confluence data to Jira issue

karen enthoven May 25, 2021

Hi, Im new here. 

I am working with patient files in Jira Kanban (one patient per issue in Jira with unique identifiers). I am writing weekly meeting notes and actions in Confluence in a table. When I enter a patient number in a column in a table (lets say row A column A), I would like the text noted in row A column B and tasks in row A column C to automatically populate as a comment in the corresponding Jira issue of that patient. Is this possible?

I could also use the automatically generate issue number if the patient number is not possible.

The overall problem is that I find Jira Kanban and Confluence create duplication of my workload because of this one problem.

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

Hi @karen enthoven ,

We can suggest adding all the data in Jira (we assume that it is your current routine) and display the required information via the standard Jira Issues macro right in Confluence.

To show only the related data for this or that meeting, you may use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app - here is another question in the Community where I show how to filter your issues.

If you need to add some information manually to the Jira Issues macro, here is an example how to do it (please, go to the second part of the thread).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events