Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's next for the Jira Work Management iOS and Android apps?

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2023

The Jira Mobile app is packed full of features to help you move work forward while away from your desk. Over the past nine months the Jira Work Management team has been hard at work to improve the mobile app experience. Today I wanted to recap some of the recently released improvements, give you a sneak peak at what’s coming next, and kick off a discussion around what you’d like to see come to the mobile app in the future.

Haven’t tried the app? Just search “Jira” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today.

Recently released

Summary tab

We’ve bought the much-loved summary tab to mobile. You can now get an overview of your projects including task progress, status overview, and priority breakdown directly from the app.

JWM Mobile Summary.png

Board saved filters

Available on iOS today and Android soon, you can access your saved board filters from the app. With saved filters it’s easier than ever to find the issues that you’re looking for. Try saved filters today by creating a saved filter on web and then selecting it from the filter menu of the board view within the app.

Jira Work Management Next.PNG

Calendar view

The calendar view in Jira Work Management is critical to many teams for planning their work and delivering projects on time. Available on iOS today and Android soon is the ability to access the calendar view directly from the mobile app. Try it out and let us know what you think in the discussion below.

Jira Work Management Next (1)..PNG

Coming next

Issues tab redesign

We’re redesigning the issues tab to make it simpler to find the issues that you care about most. Soon, when you select a filter this will be recalled each time you visit the tab, removing the need to select the filter each time you visit. We’ve also changed how we organize the displayed issues, making it easier to scan and find the information you’re looking for.

Default Issues (1).png

Forms on mobile

Forms are a popular feature on web used to easily intake work from others. Soon you will be able to submit a Jira Work Management form while on the go, directly from the mobile app.

Forms (2) (1).pngForm Detail (1) (1).png

Talk to us

We’d love your feedback on any of the features above or anything else in the Jira mobile app. If you have feature suggestions, questions, bugs to report, or interesting use cases to share, please just leave a comment below.

2 comments

Greg Vargas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

I know that approvals are rolling out now for Jira Work Management Premium users, but wanted to see if that's on a future feature list for mobile?

Thanks!

Bhavin Goradia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 25, 2023

Above is great.

When are the following expected?

1. Subtasks in Boards on the App
  2. List + Timeline view in App
  3. Making iOS and Android app consistent

Users are having to go manually switch to desktop view on mobile browser which defeats the purpose of the app.

Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events