Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

50 comments

Paul Salais March 19, 2021

Our marketing department (works with @Sutton, Andrew recently adopted Jira/Confluence lately, and this appears it'll be a very refreshing release to enhance our current workflow and hopefully solve some of our workflow and content calendar challenges. I'm very excited to test and use this functionality! 

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2021

This is great! I'm looking forward to trying it. Thanks for working on this!

Like Chase Wilson likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

I can't wait to start using it. It looks fantastic! Thank you!

Piotr Zolnierek March 23, 2021

Why does Atlassian not fix the tons of broken and inconsistent things first before churning out more half-baked features to sell more?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2021

I guess I would argue in this case that they are doing what needs to be done. This is a "fix" or revamping of the existing Jira Core product. The new features are anything but half-baked and are very helpful for our organization. 

Like # people like this
Piotr Zolnierek March 23, 2021

I hope you’re right, but I have seen it over and over again from Atlassian. Like the new advanced roadmaps, where you can edit custom fields, but not for example the status.... where atlassian adds and removes features, on each release. Not too mention dozens of feedback, just to get back two months later the response, sorry but no. Or the new roadmap in the jira, another concept of a feature

Max Sudik March 23, 2021

What is the difference between Jira Software and Jira Work Management?

From what I can see Jira Work Management is the light version of Jira Software but has nice features, such as Calendar View and List view which are not included in Jira Software.

Basically, both are task management systems, and a team can do all the stuff in Jira Software without, Jira Work Management.

Please correct if I'm wrong

pnedeljkovic March 24, 2021

Looks great- however one thing I find is often missing from such solutions is multiple assignees.
In certain industries its simple not possible to split everything in single person chunks, but instead work is managed in groups or teams with fluctuating members.

Like Sutton, Andrew likes this
Sutton, Andrew March 24, 2021

I hear what you're saying pnedeljkovic.  What's helped me is to try to think of the assignee as the owner.  So even if several people are working on an issue, there's usually a single owner.

I hope that helps.

Like Dave Liao likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2021

@Max Sudik  - You are basically correct, except that Jira Software does not the have the Calendar function, nor the inline editing list function, nor the built-in form creation/display function. So there are definitely differences between the two. 

Like Juraj Balasko likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2021

@pnedeljkovic  - you can get lots of arguments in the Community both ways as to whether it is a good idea to assign a single issue to multiple people at one time. 

That being said, a lot of people would disagree that there is functionality lacking in Jira to provide that functionality if it is an inherently bad idea. Not starting that discussion here - but I don't think the thing you say is "missing" will happen anytime soon, if at all. 

However, many people will create a custom field of either a multi-user picker type or a group picker type and allow multiple people (or a group) to be associated with a single issue. 

And as @Sutton, Andrew says, it would probably be good to think of the Assignee as the owner of the card - I actually prefer that terminology. 

Like # people like this
Sutton, Andrew March 24, 2021

That's a better way to say it @John Funk I'm still learning this myself.  Thanks for the feedback.

Like John Funk likes this
Chris M. March 24, 2021

The timeline features here look promising, and are maybe the feature I'm asked about the most. We've looked at plugins to do similarly but for the cost, they didn't quite suite our needs. If it were possible to preserve and perhaps visualize the Epic/Story hierarchy from Jira Software projects that would be a win/win. I have colleagues who would benefit from having both the structure and the timeline tools in one project type. 

Like # people like this
ahernandez March 29, 2021

Hi there!

I like the List View, have been playing around with it for a couple weeks now definitely has potential for some of the projects I have.

I did have one kind of important part that I can't figure out, which is how do I add a custom field from that project to list view?

I made a post about it but not sure where there is documentation on how to do this.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Adding-Custom-Fields-to-the-New-List-View-in-Jira/qaq-p/1648403#M74890

Juraj Balasko March 31, 2021

There's a vast market for this product

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hi @ahernandez , custom field types are gradually being rolled out to the list view as we speak! For example, you should now be able to see text fields and edit them in-line on the list. 

FrantzenMike April 20, 2021

Does this mean that Jira Calendar is part of Jira Premium?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

@FrantzenMike  - There is just a calendar function that has been added to Jira Core/Business projects. This is independent of Jira Premium. The calendar function is built in and not a separate add-on or tool. 

Like # people like this
Bruno Barbosa April 22, 2021

I'm so excited to use it!

Josh Allen April 28, 2021

@Chase Wilson is Jira Work Management always going to be a Company Managed project or is Team Managed in the roadmap?

The product was looking really nice until I realized an admin would need to handle all the setup.

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
Jeff Patterson-admin April 29, 2021

Are there plans to bring this to Data Center?  Many of us aren't fans of Jira Cloud.

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

@Josh Allen right now we're still exploring this idea, so there won't be any move towards team-managed projects for quite some time (if ever). We did add a new permission setting, however, that will enable Jira admins on JWM-only instances to give their end-users the ability to create projects from the default list of templates. Hope that's helpful!

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2021

@Jeff Patterson-admin Jira Work Management will be a cloud-only product. This was a difficult decision, so feel free to email me at cwilson@atlassian.com if you have ideas about how we can improve the JWM Cloud experience.

We recently announced our plans for data residency on all paid editions of Jira Cloud, and performance is significantly improved across all Jira Cloud products. In particular, all of the new JWM views are incredibly performant. While that's probably not enough, we want to keep improving the product and (truly) want to hear your feedback!

Rituparn Mishra June 5, 2021

Such a masterpiece.

Erwin Fei June 6, 2021

In Timeline view, it seems the task will be removed when it's done. Is it possible that it could still be shown?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events