wrong text appears in ticket

Cédric LAHAYE March 29, 2023

Hello,

some users have problem when they write in the ticket :

when they want to write the cursor is moving and text is automaticly change  (no material problem on the PC) (seems to be an automatic correction)

the only way to complete the ticket is to write the text in another application and then paste into JIRA

this problem does not appears at each connexion.

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The only text "correction" Atlassian have in their software is to correct the capitalisation of their trademarked "Jira" (it used to be called JIRA, people still type that).

Whatever is happening here, it is being done by the user's browser (or extensions for it - I use a couple that have both been amending my typing in this very post).  Check their auto-complete settings in the browser, and look for extensions that try to auto-correct as people type.

1 vote
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Cédric LAHAYE 

It sounds like the issue may be the auto-correction or auto-complete features in the user's web browser.

When typing in text fields in JIRA, the browser's auto-correction may interfere and change the text or move the cursor.

One solution is to try disabling the auto-correction or auto-complete feature in the user's web browser settings.

Another solution is to try using a different web browser or updating the current one to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards

Oday

Cédric LAHAYE March 29, 2023

thanks, I will try to found it ;)

Like Oday Rafeh likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin