workflow issue with project move

Anu Nair February 14, 2020

Hi 

i moved a bunch of issues (epics, tasks, stories, impediments) from an existing project to a new project to help the team get better with their agile adoption and drive useful metrics etc. However when i used the move option, i selected the option which i thought meant an epic would be mapped to an epic by default, however what JIRA did was migrate all my issue types from source project as an impediment issue type in the destination issue type. I have rectified the issue type problem but am now stuck with the impediment issue related workflow for my board which is quite restrictive.

I am wondering if there's any way to change the workflow associated with these issues that have been transitioned from impediment to epic. story, etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

I’m a bit confused by what transpired to get you where you are. Regardless, you have a couple of options:

• change the workflow associated with the current Issuetype to align with your needs. This could simply be by associating the old workflow with the current issue type.
  • move the current issues from the impediment Issuetype to another Issuetype that has the desired workflow

Suggest an answer