workflow edit permissions to project administrators

Saravanan Meikandar April 3, 2023

As a project administrator, will I be allowed to edit the workflow given by the JIRA administrator and have the custom workflow for my project alone? Basically, we would like to have a new workflow for our project.

Note: we are using Cloud JIRA and I am mapped with the project administrator role.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Saravanan Meikandar 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

Jira Cloud there is no option has "extended project permissions" which is actually present in the Jira Server. With this permission enabled on the project under Jira Server the Project admins could edit a simplified and workflow which is not shared.

So, in Jira Cloud it's only the Jira Admins who does the changes to the workflows if it company managed Project.

But in Team managed project you can create your workflows and you can manage.

Regards,
Mayur

Saravanan Meikandar April 3, 2023

Thanks @Mayur Jadhav .

Is there a way that we can suggest this as a feature to Atlassian even in the company managed projects, having workflow specific to Projects?

Like Richard Sayle likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Saravanan Meikandar  you can raise suggestion ticket here at 

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

The suggestion is already in the Atlassian backlog. You can vote on it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70190

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer