when a issue has multiple components which lead will be issue assignee?

Syave Srikanth July 21, 2021

when a issue has multiple components which lead will be issue assignee ?

3 answers

3 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

@Syave Srikanth  Hahaha It is one of the confusing topics, let me try to explain it

Components are assigned in the order :-  Component Lead >> Project Lead >> Unassigned >> Project default

If an issue has multiple components, and at least one of them uses Component Lead, then the Component Lead takes precedence over Project Lead, Project Default, and Unassignedas the Assignee. If the components have different Component Leads, the default assignee will be set to the Component Lead of the component that is first alphabetically.

Syave Srikanth July 23, 2021

Thanks @ASHU TYAGI  will try this one.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Juan Felipe Garcia Carreño April 24, 2023

Hey guys,

For the information I've gathered (I took the exam for ACP620 and passed in Feb 2023) this changed in October 2022 and now is not chosen taking into account the alphabetical order  of the components' name but the component's id which was created first (lowest id number).

Here is an interesting conversation about the topic: Solved: ACP-120 Course Material & Sample Paper (atlassian.com)

Best regards

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Syave Srikanth  - Did this work out for you? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events