what does it mean when a version/release shows up in the dropdown as (Invalid)

Miguel Costa December 2, 2022

Hi all,

I have a project in which all releases that we use show up in the drop-down lists as "Invalid"

I just wanted to understand what that actually means. And ideally how would I fix it?

This just to show what I mean.

re .png

Anyone has any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gregor Pudelko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2023

Hi @Miguel Costa, meanwhile you probably found out, but just in case...
Most probably this is a feature of the plugin "Configuration Management Toolkit". In your project settings under "Component Versions" you'll find a mapping of versions to components. As a result all versions not mapped to a selected component of your issue will be displayed with suffix "(Invalid)".

Hope this helps!

Miguel Costa February 27, 2023

I did not figure it out or know but I'll try to make it work, but that might be it because I have nothing defined under "component versions"

thank you

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2023

Hi,

@Gregor Pudelko  is right. This behavior is configurable in the "Configuration Management Toolkit" plugin. Please go to the add-on configuration screen and change the settings according to your needs. You can change the "Allow All Versions for Unversioned Components" setting, or you can change the "Suffix to Append Invalid Versions". 

0 votes
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hey @Miguel Costa this seems to be a tough question, but let's try and look at it together :) 

1. What does it show, when you go to project> releases and click on any release? Is there any additional info? 

2. What kind of project is this - kanban or scrum?

3. Can the versions marked as (Invalid) still be released?

4. What happens if you create a new release version?

Miguel Costa December 5, 2022

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk  

I'll try my best. 

1 - It does not really say anything to be honest.

Microsoft​ Edge.png

2- It's mainly scrum but we actually use both scrum and kanban.

Not sure if this is what you mean but if I go in the details, it tells my project type "Software". I'm not a JIRA admin so this is not an option I can change or even view what are the different kind of project types. Meaning I don't know if this is something custom created by my company or not.

3- Yes there is no problem doing releases, create new versions or whatever.

4- As soon as I create them they all show as "Invalid". Does not matter what is in the release it always shows that.

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2022

Hm... That is super weird, let's call for help @Jack Brickey or @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  would you take a look? :) 

Suggest an answer