using Assets custom fields in nunjucks

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Dear community,

I need to send a custom email in one transition. I want to use nunjucks to put some variables into that email.

One of the variables is a custom field, which provides an objecttype out of Assets.

I can use this:

{{ issue.fields.customfield_10092 | first | dump(2) }}

which will result in

{
  "workspaceId": "510f14bb-3b12-4179-b1a9-9293d1aa981e",
  "id": "510f14bb-3b12-4179-b1a9-9293d1aa981e:14991",
  "objectId": "14991"
}

Within the email, I would like to have the name of that object: "CLL - Linde F".

@David Fischer: How do I access the name of the Assets object in the custom field? (Sorry to address you directly: I am using the JMWE app...)

Thank you very much,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Chris Schneider ,

you can use the insightFieldValue Nunjucks filter for that. You can try this to figure out how to retrieve the data you want:

{{ issue | insightFieldValue("customfield_10092") | dump(2) }}
Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hi @David Fischer ,

thank you very much for your quick response and the link to the custom filters.

This worked fine:

{ issue | insightFieldValue("customfield_10092") | first | field("label") }}

best regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS