Ardio Sam October 5, 2023

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Ardio Sam 

You need to branch the rule using either All created issues or Most recently created issue. Move all your sub-task creations into that new branch.

TimK.

Ardio Sam October 5, 2023

@Tim Kopperud Thanks for the quick response!

HOwever, I have tried it before and it deson't work. please see the screenshot:

JIRA.JPG

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Ardio Sam 

You must add at least one component (see yellow marking below) in the branch to get rid of that info. Like this:

branch.png

All subtasks you want in the new Story should be located in that new branch. You can drag-and-drop them into that branch if they still exist in the main "thread". 

TimK.

Like Ash Yadav likes this
Ardio Sam October 11, 2023

Hi @Tim Kopperud ,

Sorry for my late reply as I was so busy recently!

Unfortunately the solution you proposed doesn't work meaning still it created a new story but put subtasks under same story which was created using create a new issue. So, basically I see two stories, one automatically triggerred when I call it from actions menu and second one which was manually created by me

What do you think is the root cause?

Thanks

OneDriveError.JPG

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2023

Hi @Ardio Sam 

You rule branches to Current issue, not All created issues. Se my image in the orginial answer. 

Current issue is always the issue that "flows" into the rule when it starts, and it will be that way during the whole rule execution. You therefore need to change the issue context away from current issue into the newly issue created. 

TimK

Like Ardio Sam likes this

@Tim Kopperud Awesoe, Thanks! so is it possible to automatically delete the issue created as now I see a new story with all subtasks is created but the issue which was manually created is still showing up in the backlog!?

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2023

Hi @Ardio Sam 

Yes, you can delete the issue from automation. 

If the original issue uses the same workflow as your Epic I might suggest you instead change the issue type using the Edit issue action. You don't need to create a new issue for this. Then you will keep all relevant history, even that it was nad when it was converted to Epic. But it's based on your exact needs, if want to "have a fresh start" on the Epic or if you want to keep the history data. 

TimK

Thank you so much @Tim Kopperud  really appreciated your help!

Like Tim Kopperud likes this
0 votes
Ardio Sam March 16, 2024

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Would you please delete this whole question and answers to it or the mentions to my name? I am looking to remove my name from this post so that when someone search my name it doesn't come up on google. Right now when I search my name in google this post on Atlassian community comes up the first. I would rather use my nickname instead if possible?

Thanks for your help!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2024

Hi @Ardio Sam , 

this is a community in which people interacts each other, share knowledge and helps others to find answer to their own question. You could change your name in your profile in order to avoid that google search use this post. Did u try?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events