unable to associate a column with a status

Shirley Foster July 31, 2019

I am in a Scrum agile project and have added columns to the board. Each of the new columns needs to be associated with a status in order to show up on the board. However, I only have the option to 'Add Column'. I have verified that I am the Project administrator. Why am I not seeing the option to configure a status for each column?

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

Hi @Shirley Foster ,

Are you using the next-gen projects?

The next-gen project is different from the classic project, so far there is no column and state matching function.

Next-gen release notes for Jira Software Cloud

TIM截图20190801094006.png

Shirley Foster August 1, 2019

@Ollie Guan This is not a next-gen project. It's a standard Scrum project. I have been able to add columns, but there is no option to associate those columns with statuses.Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 9.22.05 AM.png

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2019

Hi @Shirley Foster ,

From the above picture, there seems to be no other optional state except To Do and In Progress.

Have you checked the board filter conditions and excluded other states?

TIM截图20190805173612.png

Betty Roush October 15, 2019

I'm having the same problem.  How do I associate a state with a column?? 

tomas-aracargroup May 7, 2021

Is Betty Roush´s question answered? 2021 and still not able to associate status with column

Suggest an answer