team managed vs company managed

IT April 12, 2021

Jira software license and Confluence.

Do I need another license (Jira Core) in order to start company managed software projects?

It's just that currently, I can only use the team managed projects option.

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

JIRA Core is a subset of JIRA Software. You should not need another license to access the Company Managed projects.

Note, though, that only a JIRA Admin can create a Company Managed (p.k.a. Classic) project. You should see that as an option when you go to the View All Projects list and click the Create Project button.

IT April 12, 2021

Thank you, for the reply.
Indeed, only admin can create, checked that, I created one project, however, the issue I see :

- created project - all good - gives an error that project is missing/might be deleted or i do not have access, if I go to all projects session, I see the project created.

- the project is there, as a company managed software project, but I can't see the dashboard, asks me to create a dashboard and it creates another project 

- access to it is not granted, I can't add people to the project.

Thank you.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

After electing to create a Classic project, did you select a template that you don't normally use? If you did that, perhaps that template has a permission scheme in it that does not grant you access to the project.

Go to Settings > Issues > Permission Schemes, and find the permission scheme assigned to the new project. Review the permission scheme to ensure that there is a group assigned to Browse Projects and Administer Project, and then confirm that you belong to that group.

Like IT likes this
IT April 14, 2021

Thanks, that solved the problem.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS