subtask not being linked as a child issue on a story via CSV import

kashberry June 17, 2021

I am trying to import stories and subtasks via the csv import, both the story and the subtask is being imported correctly individually, however, the relationship between the two is not being created.

To be clear, my desired outcome is to import a story and a subtask, which is a child issue of that story.

Here is an extract of my csv that I am trying to import: 

Issue Type   Issue id   Parent id   Summary                                  Status
Story           1                               Sell Open Ticket on EPOS        In Progress
Sub-Task                    1                Sell Adult Ticket                       In Progress

Looking at the logs, everything appears to be importing as it should:

2021-06-17 10:56:35,190 INFO - Linking 'VIS-150' and 'VIS-149' as sub-task-link
2021-06-17 10:56:35,359 INFO - Created parent-child (sub-task) relationship between VIS-150 and VIS-149

However, within JIRA itself, there is no relationship between the story and subtask.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hello @kashberry 

Welcome to the community.

Are you trying to import to a Team Managed or Company Managed project?

Can you show us the field mapping screen to show us what fields Issue id and Parent id are mapped to?

kashberry June 17, 2021

Hi Trudy, 

Thanks for the reply. My project is Team Managed. I have attached a screenshot of my field mapping.Screenshot 2021-06-17 173701.png

Thanks, 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

@kashberry 

I tried the same thing myself, and saw the same result as you; the link between the subtask and the parent issue was not actually created.

The link is created when data is imported to a Company Managed project.

So far in my searching I have not found a known issue already logged for this. I suggest you contact Atlassian Support directly to report this, and report back to us if they already know of this issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events