Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

screen issue not showing expected transitions

Hello,

I have a transition with condition group A, the problem is that when i connect with a user group A the transition is not shown in the issue 

Please help, (I'm  a new in the club JIRA )

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jul 16, 2021

Hi Fatima,

i’m not fully understanding what you were referring to here. Could you please elaborate a bit so that I might be able to assist?

error.png

This is my transition above with condition that only users in group A can do it .

but when i create an issue as a member in group A, this is not shown  as in the screen 

Capture d’écran du 2021-07-16 12-14-20.png

As you can see no transition is shown

Is it possible that the current status of the issue is such that the transition should not display? by that I mean a transition ship only display if it is applicable to the current status meaning can you transition from the current status to this other status. Does that make sense?

Thanks for reply @Jack 

The transition "Soumettre" only happen if the user is member of the group A but when i added the condition to transition it does not work. Can't see why !!! 

I understand. My point is this let’s say that your workflow is to do, in progress, in review and done. Let’s also assume that the workflow does not have a transition from To Do to in review. Then if an issue is in the to do status you would not see the transition button to in review. However if the status was in progress then the transition to in review would be revealed. Again this was just a guess and a question for you. Hope that now makes sense.

Like Fatima Zohra BELABDI likes this

Hi @Jack 
Here is a screens for more explanation workflow.pngissue.png
What i need is to hide transition from all and only user in group "A" can do the transition "soumettre" , but when i add this condition  it's hidden for all users :(

AddConditionGroup.png

Jack Community Leader Jul 17, 2021

Might I see your workflow with transitions displayed?

@Jack  do you think it's related to autorisation !!!

Jack Community Leader Jul 17, 2021

I do not think so.
Is the current status of the issue where you don’t see the transition  Enregistrer?

Ones I create an issue , i need the transition "soumettre" to be visible only for group A

Jack Community Leader Jul 18, 2021

Fatima,

i’m sorry I think that there’s a language barrier issue here. I understand what you’re saying and you keep repeating that same thing. However, my question about what transition buttons do you see if an issue is in the Enregistrer status. Moreover, I would be interested in understanding what a user in group A sees versus a user that is not in Group A.

Like Fatima Zohra BELABDI likes this

Sorry for the language @Jack  , i appreciate your help
i added a condition group at the transition and it works fine for users in group A.

Now i need to test a value of a custom field on "soumettre" if it's < 50 i assign the issue to group B other-ways i assign it to group C.
Do you have any suggestion !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

784 views 2 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you