screen issue not showing expected transitions

Fatima Zohra BELABDI July 16, 2021

Hello,

I have a transition with condition group A, the problem is that when i connect with a user group A the transition is not shown in the issue 

Please help, (I'm  a new in the club JIRA )

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Hi Fatima,

i’m not fully understanding what you were referring to here. Could you please elaborate a bit so that I might be able to assist?

error.png

This is my transition above with condition that only users in group A can do it .

but when i create an issue as a member in group A, this is not shown  as in the screen 

Capture d’écran du 2021-07-16 12-14-20.png

As you can see no transition is shown

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Is it possible that the current status of the issue is such that the transition should not display? by that I mean a transition ship only display if it is applicable to the current status meaning can you transition from the current status to this other status. Does that make sense?

Thanks for reply @Jack Brickey 

The transition "Soumettre" only happen if the user is member of the group A but when i added the condition to transition it does not work. Can't see why !!! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2021

I understand. My point is this let’s say that your workflow is to do, in progress, in review and done. Let’s also assume that the workflow does not have a transition from To Do to in review. Then if an issue is in the to do status you would not see the transition button to in review. However if the status was in progress then the transition to in review would be revealed. Again this was just a guess and a question for you. Hope that now makes sense.

Like Fatima Zohra BELABDI likes this

Hi @Jack Brickey 
Here is a screens for more explanation workflow.pngissue.png
What i need is to hide transition from all and only user in group "A" can do the transition "soumettre" , but when i add this condition  it's hidden for all users :(

AddConditionGroup.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2021

Might I see your workflow with transitions displayed?

Fatima Zohra BELABDI July 17, 2021

workflow.png

@Jack Brickey  do you think it's related to autorisation !!!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2021

I do not think so.
Is the current status of the issue where you don’t see the transition  Enregistrer?

Ones I create an issue , i need the transition "soumettre" to be visible only for group A

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2021

Fatima,

i’m sorry I think that there’s a language barrier issue here. I understand what you’re saying and you keep repeating that same thing. However, my question about what transition buttons do you see if an issue is in the Enregistrer status. Moreover, I would be interested in understanding what a user in group A sees versus a user that is not in Group A.

Like Fatima Zohra BELABDI likes this
Fatima Zohra BELABDI July 18, 2021

Sorry for the language @Jack Brickey  , i appreciate your help
i added a condition group at the transition and it works fine for users in group A.

Now i need to test a value of a custom field on "soumettre" if it's < 50 i assign the issue to group B other-ways i assign it to group C.
Do you have any suggestion !!

Suggest an answer