saving filters in a central location in JIRA

Sridhar July 11, 2019

I need help on below.

‘sharing filters’ centrally with my team so they no need to add/create filters to open my dashboards. If I make any changes in my filters for dashboards and modify it then entire team should not be changing. There should be a common place from where these filters should be picked up. 

I meant not by emailing using share option on Jira screen. directly saving a copy of my queries in centrally located place so who ever opens my dashboard filters should be picked up by dashboards and data will be displayed.

3 answers

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

Hi @Sridhar ,

I'm not sure if I understand you right.

You want to share filters with your team/use them on a dashboard and if you change a filter, it should change for everyone?

That works out of the box.

Additionally, you want that this filters can be used by others? Your team members can search for the filters by owner, so they can easily find all your shared filters and add them to their favourites. Then they have them always at hand.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2019

>directly saving a copy of my queries in centrally located place

They already are.  All filters in Jira are saved in, well, Jira.  If you look at "manage filters", you are looking at the list of all saved filters in the system (although ones that are not visible to you are hidden)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

Hi Sridhar - if you share your filters with your team (or even with Public), they should be able to find them and use them. They can just do a global search on all filters. You might want to do some type of naming scheme to help them, but they can even put your name in as the Owner to help narrow the search. 

Suggest an answer