requirement status field

Soukaina Khalloufi December 13, 2021

Hello, 

Iam using JIRA Cloud, and i want to add requirement status field to my US but i could;n't figure it out

Could you help me plz! 

Best regards!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021
Soukaina Khalloufi December 13, 2021

Hello @Muhammad Fahad  

Thank you for your response, but iam not looking for a global status to my User story 

I am looking for "Requirement status" , my US are related to some tests and this field allow you to know if your user story is covered or not and if it is what is its status 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Michiel Schuijer April 28, 2022

Actually, for Jira server/DC the "Requirement Status" custom field is added when you purchase and install Xray for Jira. See https://docs.getxray.app/display/ON/Adding+Requirement+Status+on+the+agile+board

The Cloud version does it somewhat different as explained on https://docs.getxray.app/display/ON/Cloud+Understanding+the+Different+Types+of+Statuses and https://docs.getxray.app/display/ON/Cloud+Status+of+a+coverable+issue+%28e.g.+requirement%29+-+examples

Xray Issue Types uses the default screen for your project, there is no specific screen created in advance. Therefore if you want to set new custom fields for Xray Issue Types you should do it like with any other issue type.

Xray Cloud and Xray for Jira Server/on-premises are quite different in this aspect. While in Xray for Jira Server there are many custom fields that need to be configured on screens, either automatically or manually, on Xray Cloud you don't have most of those custom fields and thus you don't need to configure the screens for normal usage

Don't know if that answers more specifically? Where have heard about the Requirement Status field I don't know either, but you mentioned it specifically so I thought maybe you knew it from another, self-hosted Jira so this answer may explain more.

Kind regards

1 vote
Chroma Tech Team August 12, 2022

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. I am not able to see the Requirements Status field anywhere and we need it so that we can see the test coverage on covered issues. We have Xray already, we just need to add the Requirements Status field to our issues but this field is no where to be found. It also should not be custom created field. We would appreciate any assistance!

Michiel Schuijer August 15, 2022

Hi, as I mentioned in my other comment on this page, there is no "Requirement status" field in Jira Cloud.

The regular "status" field (Calculated coverage status) will show "OK" when:

=> All Tests are passed ​(all contribute to the OK status of the requirement).

See in the screenshot where it displays "NOK", that is the status field showing the requirement being covered yes/no. Covered = OK, not covered = NOK.

image2018-8-29_10-12-0 (2).png

1 vote
amina.dayeh May 9, 2022

Hello, I have the same prob!
I'm trying to add the Requirement status filed but is not exist in the list.
I work with the Jira cloud version  

0 votes
Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Soukaina Khalloufi ,

welcome to the Jira Community. Jira supports you with workflow states for each of the entries in Jira (all entries in Jira called "issues". The issue types could be requirement, bug, task or anything else your Jira admin defines).

These workflow states are fully flexible and can be configured per issue type an even project.

So your admin should configure for your requirements issues the necessary states and transitions. Then these states are visible on the user interface.

If you are using R4J - Requirements Management for Jira you have additional options to manage your requirements, like with a flexible, structured tree view and a powerful coverage view. 

If you like to know more about R4J just contact our friendly support team or join one of our next product demos.

Best Regards,

Bernhard Doleschel

Disclaimer: I´m employed at Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders