reporter cannot receive email when ticket is assignee.

david.yu November 19, 2020

reporter cannot receive email when ticket is assignee. please help... I cannot find the way the config.assignee.jpg

3 answers

0 votes

33345.jpgI have setup Notification for Reporter. but Reporter just cannot received any assignee user email. thank you

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

@david_yu  , 

Sorry i still do not understand the requirement.

Do you mean, when a ticket is assigned to an assignee ,email should go out to reporter?

If so,  you can update the 'Issue assigned' event in the notification scheme to include the reporter as well.

Refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/ for more information

And in the screenshot, i see that a comment is made and the status is changed but the assignee field is not changed. The issue assigned event will be triggered only when the assignee field is updated

I am sorry for you not understand, I mean when I set assignee user, but Reporter will not get any notification, we hope if you change the assignee and the Reporter will received a email. for now only me can get email notification about assignee changed. however, when I get the assignee notification, in the email content assignee field is blank. thank you 

33345.jpgI have setup Notification for Reporter. but Reporter just cannot received any assignee user email. thank you

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

@david_yu  , as i mentioned in the earlier comment, 

"In the screenshot, i see that a comment is made and the status is changed but the assignee field is not changed. The issue assigned event will be triggered only when the assignee field is updated"

I do not think that you changed the assignee in the transition. If you had manually changed the assignee value in the transition screen but still if the assignee field is not updated, do check whether there is any automation that resets the assignee to empty.

Yes, i did, i update the assignee user to me. The screen shoot that I capture my email when I update assignee. Return to the question...our reporter still can not get any email when assignee field is update. Thank you so much. David

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

@david_yu  , the notification scheme looks good. 

I recommend you to troubleshoot why the assignee is empty

If jira realizes that the assignee is changed,  only then the notification will get triggered.

Yes, that’s my question also...but i don’t know how to fixed....

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

@david_yu  , do check the order of the workflow postfunction.

Does the assignee gets updated in the order after the event is triggerd?

Can you send the screen shot of the postfunction list?

1120.jpg1121.jpgPlease see the screenshot. thank you

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

@david_yu  , i am looking for the post function list.. 

You will have to click on the transition in the workflow edit and click on post functions..

Refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions for more details about postfuncions.

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @david_yu 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you clarify your issue for me?  Are you saying that reporters don't get notifications if a ticket is assigned to them?

Hi Green,

Thank you. I mean when we assignee a ticket to an user but the reporter cannot received any email about who is assignee. I need to send a email to reporter if we assignee user. but you can see my upload's photo, the Assignee is blank. and only i can received this email.

Thank you~

David

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi

Jira doesn't have a standard notification for this - you would need to create one.

The below guide should have everything you need:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-email-notifications-for-a-custom-event/

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events