report with who changed the resolution field

Nathalia Camargo December 29, 2017

I would like to know how to make a report with the users who changed the resolution of a request.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

I'm not aware of any way of doing this with default functionality if you allow users to set a resolution via the dropdown.  The simplest way we've found is to create a "User Picker" custom field called "Resolver" (for example.) Install the Jira Misc Custom Fields App. It's not free, but it has a bunch of cool features. In the workflow transition that you set the Resolution field in, add a "Update Issue Custom Field" post function to populate the Resolver field with %%CURRENT_USER%% and you can use normal JQL to gather the information. If you allow issues to be reopened or unresolved, you need to be sure to clear the field, along with the Resolution field as well.

Nathalia Camargo January 7, 2018

Hello Dave!
First of all, I appreciate your help but I don’t use the app. Instead of that I set up the transition function in a visible field and it solved the problem.
Best regards!

Suggest an answer