"Status" Filter isn't working well in the "RoadMap" view.

Arun Kumar M S September 20, 2021

I use RoadMap feature for one of my Jira projects. "Status" Filter isn't working correctly for me. For example, when I select "Done", Epics which are still in "In-Progress" and "Open" status get shown. 

Pl. help me overcome the issue. Thanks. 

~Arun

1 answer

0 votes
Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

@Arun Kumar M S what is your issue source for this roadmap? Is it some board or some filter? And what is the hierarchy chosen on roadmap view?

Thanks @Suvarna Gaikwad  for the revert. 

Source: Board

Hierarchy : Epic 

Does this answer & is there any more detail  that I may provide you w/. 

Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

@Arun Kumar M S If you choose hierarchy as Epic to Epic, it will show only Done epics.

If you choose hierarchy as Epic to Story, it will show epics whose linked Story types are Done. It means Epic may/may not in Done status however all story types linked to Epics are Done.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Suvarna Gaikwad Can you pl. guide me on how to set the hierarchy to Epic to Epic. I have the admin privilege.   

Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

@Arun Kumar M S In Plan view under the name of your plan name, there are two drop-downs for Hierarchy. Choose Epic type in both drop-downs.

Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2021

@Arun Kumar M S can you please let us know if it did solve your problem?

Arun Kumar M S September 22, 2021

Hello @Suvarna Gaikwad likely you are referring to Advamnced Roadmap. My issue is in the Basic RoadMap. Guess the image gives you an idea on what I am referring to. 

image.png

Pl. let know if you need more info. Thanks.

Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2021

@Arun Kumar M S For basic roadmap, default hierarchy is Epic to Story. As I mentioned earlier, this means if you select Done in Status, it will show epics whose linked Story types are Done irrespective of Epic status.

Instead if you want to see completed Epics only, you can choose to change that settings in top right corner. PFB screenshot.

image.png

Hope this helps.

Amdin Agent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2021

@Suvarna Gaikwad  yup. I understand the scenario. You may close this question as Answered.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Suggest an answer