"Open issues in dialog" not showing up

Rafa Soares November 26, 2020

Hi,

I'm using a cloud instance of Jira with the New Jira View toggled to ON. I'm trying to open issues on dialog from the Backlog/Board view but the option is not being presented to me.

I've tried to toggle New Jira View off and then back on. Logging out and back in but nothing seems to work.

Permissions shouldn't be a problem since I have full admin access.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2020

Hi @Rafa Soares 

You've said it isn't working, but you haven't said what you actually get.

In the Backlog view, clicking on an issue should open the right hand pane, with the "new view" layout.

In the active board, clicking on an issue should open a pop-up dialog which is the new view layout.

What are you seeing for each scenario?

Rafa Soares November 27, 2020

Hi @Warren ,

The behaviour you described is exactly what I'm getting.

The behaviour I expect is the pop-up dialogue when I click on an issue in the Backlog view.

Is this possible?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Rafa Soares 

What I've described is what I have always seen. I'm not aware of there being a way to get a pop-up dialogue from the Backlog view

Rafa Soares December 2, 2020

I thought that could be an option.

Maybe a feature request, then.

Thanks!

Like Patrick Berkeley likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin