"Could not find configured field" error in new automation

Dhruv Shah March 26, 2023

I want to create an Epic for my project, which leads to standard tasks getting created under that epic and then standard sub tasks under each individual tasks, created automatically.

I followed all the steps mentioned in this article as suggested by community leader Trudy but I am getting following error on my audit log - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Video-on-How-to-Automate-the-Epics-Stories-and-Sub-tasks/qaq-p/2247277

Could not find your configured field, it may have been deleted?

Epic Link

I am not able to find any useful article on the same. Please help! Attaching all the screenshots here. Fyi - in the 'choose filed to select' option, I am getting 'Epic Link (select)' instead of 'Epic Link'

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 7.07.36 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-26 at 7.07.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-26 at 7.15.42 PM.png

3 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2023

Hello @Dhruv Shah 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Is the destination project for these issues a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? When viewing the project you would find that information at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Epic Link applies only to Company Managed projects. And in the post that your reference I stated the solution applies to Company Managed projects.

In a Team Managed project the comparable field is Parent, however that is not a selectable field in the list. You have to used the More Options section of the Create Issue action to set that field using JSON code. You can find information on how to do that in my answer on this post.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Dhruv Shah 

Were you able to solve your issue with the guidance I provided, or do you need more assistance?

0 votes
Larry Stouder-Studenmund September 6, 2023

I know this is a bit old, but I'm getting exactly the same issue with both Epic Link and Parent Link fields. Both of these are Atlassian managed, and can't be deleted or modified. 

I'm working with only company managed projects.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2023

Hello @Larry Stouder-Studenmund 

Please start a new Question and provide a copy of your rule and the Audit Log details for the execution. That way if the solution for your issues is found your Question can be marked as Answer Accepted.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2023

Hi!

Yes, and...when posting a new/related question to older threads only the people following it will see it.  Creating a new question gets to a larger audience for idea input.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Dhruv Shah March 26, 2023

fyi - in the 'choose filed to select' option, I am getting 'Epic Link (select)' instead of 'Epic Link'

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events