public name

Іван Андрєєв August 16, 2022

I understand that when adding to groups in Jira, as well as when sending messages to messengers, the search is based on the public name. Is it possible to change the settings so that these actions are performed under Full name?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi Іван,

No, you are not going to be able to do a JQL search using the Full Name due to GDPR guidelines. Where are you trying to do this? 

Іван Андрєєв August 17, 2022

@John Funk  Hi

When I add people to groups, they are not searched by full name
Also, Telegram notifications come not from the full name, but from the public one (via the Telegram bot).
Our company works in Ukraine, so we asked for names to be written in Ukrainian, but a public name can be either a nickname or written in English.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Where are you trying to search? And for what field? 

When I add people to a group. example.create group.png

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

I see - thanks for the clarification. You might want to have another tab open for the directory of the users and search there for the full name to then get the username or email to help find it in the group. 

Is there any way to change it so that I search by people's full name?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

You would have to submit a support request to Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events