Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I understand that when adding to groups in Jira, as well as when sending messages to messengers, the search is based on the public name. Is it possible to change the settings so that these actions are performed under Full name?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

Hi Іван,

No, you are not going to be able to do a JQL search using the Full Name due to GDPR guidelines. Where are you trying to do this? 

@John Funk  Hi

When I add people to groups, they are not searched by full name
Also, Telegram notifications come not from the full name, but from the public one (via the Telegram bot).
Our company works in Ukraine, so we asked for names to be written in Ukrainian, but a public name can be either a nickname or written in English.

John Funk Community Leader Aug 17, 2022

Where are you trying to search? And for what field? 

When I add people to a group. example.create group.png

Like John Funk likes this

I see - thanks for the clarification. You might want to have another tab open for the directory of the users and search there for the full name to then get the username or email to help find it in the group. 

Is there any way to change it so that I search by people's full name?

You would have to submit a support request to Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,055 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events