please provide updated instruction for assign a security scheme

Elena Lukyanicheva June 30, 2021

Hello guys,

I go step by step by  instruction to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver087/configuring-issue-level-security-998871849.html

to setup the security levels in the project.

Right now  I stopped  in the section "Assigning an issue security scheme to a project". It looks strange, but  I  don't  see the  Permissions section in the Summary page  ( I see  Access section, but  there is  nothing about linking security level schema and project. )

Could you  please provide updated instruction.

2 answers

2 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hey @Elena Lukyanicheva ,

welcome to the Community! You are referencing the documentation for Server/Data Center products, there's a possibility at the top right to switch to the Cloud version of the article (here's the link anyway). And please make sure that you are running a company-managed project and not a team-managed one. Does that help you already?

Best, Max

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi Elena - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds like you might be using a Team-managed project. Issue level security as described in the document you are referring to does not apply to those types of projects. All security and permissions is done under the Access functionality. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events