open ended custom field

bhawana pandey June 22, 2021

I have created an open ended custom field as label. Some users have added duplicate data in this label. Is there a way to delete these duplicate values? 

2 answers

3 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Hi @bhawana pandey 

Labels exist while there are issues labelled with them.

Therefore, you may search for issues having the label you would like to remove and perform a bulk edit operation on all of them to remove the label.

As soon as no issues were using said label, the label would stop being suggested for autocompletion.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

I am not sure what the question is

>I have created an open ended custom field as label.

What do you mean by "open ended custom field"?  Is this a text field in which people can type as much as they like?  A short text field?  An actual label field?

This matters because the method of de-duplicating data in a field.  If you really do mean just "I created a label field", then @Ignacio Pulgar 's answer is right - use bulk-edit, searching for each label you want rid of, and replacing it with a better one.  If it's some other type of field, we'll need to explore that more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events