not able to set Decimal value for Sprint capacity (points)

Sanjivani Wayal March 23, 2023

Not able to set up decimal value for Sprint capacity (points) field in PI Plan Page i gave 10,5 it sets up as 11, Can we set up a decimal value for the same?

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2023

Hi @Sanjivani Wayal 

First thing, why would you want to do this?  There is often a degree of uncertainty using story points, particularly when trying to use them for forecasting in a scale larger than a single sprint.  Using too much precision (e.g., fractional story points) may not help with accuracy.

Next, are you asking about the built-in, Advanced Roadmap features for Sprint Capacity, or a marketplace addon for program increment (PI) handling?

• If it is the first one, I couldn't find anything in the documentation about changing this, so I suggest that you contact support for this.  You appear to be the site admin for a paid Jira license, and so can do that here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 
  • If you are asking about a marketplace addon, perhaps contact that vendor to see what they say.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events