need help fixing resolution field made mandatory on create issue screen

Chris Covert June 18, 2021

Hi,

Made a big mistake a few months ago. Without going into details why this change was made, it was done and it should not have been.

I can not remember how I did it in order to reverse it

For one of the screens on create issue the resolution field is mandatory which means people have to fill it in with "Empty". Again please don't ask :).

How does one fix this?

Thank You,

Chris

2 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hi Chris,

The Resolution field was probably just added to the Create screen. Remove it from the screen and that should do the trick. 

Chris Covert June 18, 2021

Yes, I tried this it worked for one day, and then suddenly it started showing again.

Could it just be someone went in and changed it over top of my change?

thank you for your response, much appreciated.

Chris

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Sounds like someone else keeps placing it there. You might want to check around. But that's the only way you are going to be able to keep it from being mandatory. The other option is to create a separate screen for your project if it is being used in a shared environment. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy June 18, 2021

Check how many users have Jira Administration access. Other Admins might be reverting the changes.

Quick Resolution: Go to Project Settings -> Screens -> click on the appropriate screen scheme -> click on appropriate screen, remove the Resolution field.

Permanent Solution:

Make sure every project has its own set of issues types.
Each issue type has its own Screen Scheme.
Each Screen scheme has its own Create, Edit, View Screens. Name them by project name (Proj-IssueType-Create-Issue-Screen).
When closing the issues, use a separate Resolution screen and make this field mandatory.

This saves you from all such issues in long run.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events