missing bulk edit option and cannot enable for team

William Lu February 3, 2021

I tried to enable "Make Build Changes" option in global permissions, but the only group I can add that permission for is public.  How do I allow bulk edit only to authorized users?  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hello @William Lu 

Welcome to the community.

In the Standard product plan, Global Permissions are allocated to user groups. Also, all authorized users are added, generally, to either the jira-users group or the jira-software-users group or both. 

Is the Bulk Change permission already allocated globally to any groups?

Can you provide screen images that show how the Bulk Change permission is allocated in Global Permissions current, if it is allocated at all? And an image of what you see when you pull down the list to allocate it to additional groups?

William Lu February 4, 2021

it is blank at the moment and the only option I have to grant permission is to public.  Even the other settings that already have permission for the groups, I can only add public.  I'm in the administrator group so I believe I should have permission to edit.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 9.14.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-04 at 9.15.05 AM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@William Lu 

Have you previously been able to assign Global permissions to user groups?

I see that you have indicated you are on the Free plan. Have you always been on the Free plan, or have you switched from the Standard or Premium plan to the Free plan?

In this article 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

...which says for sites that have always been on the Free plan, all users are admins for all projects, and mentions that project permissions and roles are not customizable. It doesn't specifically say Global Permissions are not customizable, but if all authorized users are Admins, that implies to me that Global permissions may not be customizable to user groups. I've never used the Free plan so I'm not sure that I have understood the documentation correctly.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

@Trudy ClaspillAt least I can show a screenshot of global permissions listing, having a Jira Cloud instance at Free plan at hand...

grafik.png

So I am pretty puzzled, too what the cause might be.
For a moment I thought the groups are not assigned to a product in Williams case - but that makes no sense because he seems being able to open "Global Permission" page without any issues which would not be given in case he is missing permissions himself.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

@William Lu 

I found this post

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unable-to-add-group-in-Global-Permissions/qaq-p/1066271

...that seems to indicate the user accessing the Global Permission page must him/herself have the Browse Users permission.

I can't imagine how you might have lost that permission, but can you double check in Global Permissions that you belong to a group that has been granted the Browse Users permission?

@Trudy Claspill that seems to have worked.  I was not in the group that had browse users and groups permission.  strange that it wasn't enabled for admins.  Thank you for helping!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

I'm so glad I stumbled across that other post!

me too. thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events