magically no admin access anymore

Ulf Willers April 4, 2022

Hi, 

like a few others here, I no longer have access to my Jira. I was admin and owner until just now and now I no longer have access. Can someone from the Atlassian team please unblock me?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

You will need to talk to your administrator, probably the one who removed your access.

If you can't find them, then you will need to raise a support request over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Ulf Willers April 4, 2022

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I am the admin and owner myself.

And this link sent me to this Community.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

I'm afraid you'll need to find out which of the other administrators removed your access and get them to put it back.

Ulf Willers April 5, 2022

Thanks again for answering me so quickly here.

But this is exactly my problem: we are a team of 10 and I am the owner and admin. No one else is admin. I've been working with the Jira account for about a year and a half and haven't changed anything in the configuration for at least that year. I was able to log in until yesterday morning and then suddenly not anymore. My whole team can still log in without any problem.

I had changed my ownership from my private mail to my work mail sometime last year, but that was ages ago and in between everything worked fine.

I assume that someone from Atlassian will have to unlock me again.

And I'm apparently still registered as admin or something. I just got the following email:
"A has requested for B to join Jira Software" But when I click on the Review Request button, unfortunately it only says "You need permission" but also a "Something went wrong, please try again later".

Jira.png

This question has been resolved. It was my mistake. I accidentally used the wrong domain (which I never use) in my mail address.

Anurag Vaishnav October 31, 2022

Hello 

I am having the same issue. I am the only Admin but suddenly I get the message 

You need permission

Request access from your administrator.

How did you fix your issue and who is this new Administrator? I believe it is from Atlassian.

Ulf Willers October 31, 2022

Hi, as I wrote above. In this case it was my fault. I accidentally used a wrong domain which I normally never use. 

Suggest an answer