I am new to JIRA administration and This is the first time I am migrating all the project management activity from Phabricator to JIRA. I am facing below explained issues kindly help with your suggestions:
1. I am exporting a project in a CSV file from phabricator and importing the same in JIRA, in parallel create a project for it.
2. Initially, I created all the users, manually. Considering my team size is small. Hence no LDAP or AD.
3. As soon as I migrate and check under "User Management" I found duplicate IDs got created. As shown in the image attached.
My question is
1. What is the best practice to migrate from Phabricator to JIRA?
2. How can I merge both the accounts which are created? As if I try to delete it, it throws an error that N number of task are assigned to a particular user.
There is no "merge" of JIRA users I'm afraid.
You will need to do some hacking to do that sort of thing - bulk changing reporter and assignees will fix some of it, but any comments that have been made will need to be hacked (to change to the "right" account) or deleted.
This is quite a difficult one to fix to be honest. You've already followed the "best practice", but not managed to map the users correctly, so it's gone wrong at that point.
If you can, it might be best to remove the project, remove the users and then re-do the import, making sure the users are not re-created
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs