issueLinkType error. " != " not working

ernesto_davila September 1, 2022

So... here's my situation:

I am using JQL to locate and identify the tickets that DO NOT contain a certain type of issue link. For example, every ticket in this project MUST contain an issue link of "is derived from". When I use [ issueLinkType != "is derived from" ] nothing populates and there are definitely are tickets that do not contain this issue link. 

How do I know? Well, I used issueLinkType = "is derived from" to identify those that do contain that issue link type. I exported the file to Excel and used conditional formatting to compare this list to an Excel sheet that contains ALL the files. This revealed all the files that do not contain this issue link type. 

I want to use the bulk editor feature in Jira to label these tickets (over a hundred) but cant get issueLinkType != "is derived from" to populate anything. 

Any suggestions? Am i wording this incorrectly?

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @ernesto_davila 

The solution is in the second comment in this thread

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JQL-for-issueLinkType-quot-blocks-quot/qaq-p/1232889

Use

To get those issues that are blocked by other issues

1 ) Filter1 --> issueLinkType = "is blocked by"

To get those issues that are blocking other issues.

2) Filter2 --> issueLinkType = "blocks" and filter!=Filter1

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,
Pramodh

ernesto_davila September 6, 2022

For clarification, what this user is saying is to:

create and save a filter that will identify all issues that contain "is blocked by" and then create another filter that identifies issues that contain "blocks" AND use the saved filter along with != to hide issues with "is blocked by", correct?

Suggest an answer