i joined newly into JIRA Software Cloud and unable to create Classic project. please help

Saritha kshatri November 20, 2020

Hi I just now newly got subscription into JIRA Software Cloud. by default got a Next gen project. as i am the only one using this, i have both SIT Admin Access, Product Access. i don't know for some reason i am unable to create Classic project. Please kindly help what is wrong here. i have attached screenshot of the error that i am getting while creating a Classic project. Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 13.39.43.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2020

Hi Saritha,

in the past for this error message during project creation the hint was to chec:

1. if the project has been created "in background" although there is this error message popping up. So please kindly confirm you cannot see it through projects list.
  2. The second recommendation was to try project creation using a different browser (Firefox, Chrome).
  3. The last recommendation was to try a different name and project key.

Also, there have been some bugs in the past which are all reported to be solved.

Can you please check and (first of all as this is the easiest one) to see if the project maybe already was created?

Regards,
Daniel

Saritha kshatri November 23, 2020

Hi Daniel,

You are right... the projects are created in background I guess. because I can see the defaulat screen, schemes created. but really weird is that still i can not see them in the proejcts Lists though. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

As long as it is not in projects lists I fear they are not "completely created".
Unfortunately I am out of ideas due to missing logs or any other hint where the user has to look at next in such a case.

Saritha kshatri November 23, 2020

hi Daniel, so in that case, is there a way to connect or map the workflows that created to be applied onto this nextgen project please?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

The workflow editor in next-gen seems still being something in progress:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17434

One idea that came to my mind for the failing project creation is if there are Apps in your instance? If so which are that? Maybe one is interfering with project creation.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hi Saritha,

Make sure you have Jira Administrator privileges - that you are in the administrators group.

Then go to Settings > System > Global Permissions and make sure you have Administer Jira permissions. 

Hi John, thanks for replying ... could you please help me how to find if i am added into the Administrators group?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Go to Settings > User Management

Then either click on Groups and see who is in that group, or click on your name and see what groups you are in.  :-)

Hi John, thanks, so i checked under the groups and i am added in all the groups.. like; jira-administrators, administrators, site-admins. 

Is it that because i chose free plan, then i cannot create Classic Projects? Please kindly confirm.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Actually it’s probably because you need Jira Software and not just Jira Core

can you please help me how to get Jira Software... because it shows as Jira software...i am able to apply any of the workflow schemes or issue types schemes to the next Gen projects.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Good that it shows it already. Can you get to Settings > System? It's the gear in the upper right hand side of the top navigation bar. 

yes, i clicked that gear icon. 

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 18.18.03.pngScreenshot 2020-11-20 at 18.17.48.png

please kindly find attached settings... i have defined workflows and workflow scheme. but it shows as Inactive. and i am unable to activate..as there is no option... also I want to apply this workflow to my Next-gen project. please kindly clarify if thats not possible to apply this workflow?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Click on System instead of Issues

Then choose Global Permissions. 

Then make sure you can Administer Projects. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Workflows have to be attached to a workflow scheme and the scheme is attached to a project. But you have to get the project created. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

And you have Browse Project permission?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events