i have to convert jira dashboard into a pdf file .

Jitendra Singh April 5, 2023

i have to convert jira dashboard into a pdf file and don’t  want to use external app. i have tried  getting the response content to pdf but i think that is encrypted data and cannot convert html to pdf. can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Jitendra Singh welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What problem are you trying to solve?

Provide people without a license with a dashboard?

A dashboard is continually changing, you would only have a snapshot of that point-in-time with a PDF export. Why not share the dashboard with the stakeholders?

1 vote
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Jitendra Singh , Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

To double-check, you're just looking to get the dashboard as it currently stands in PDF format? Like a screenshot? 

If so, you can just click on Print in your browser options or CTRL+P and under Destination change to "Save as PDF". This will save your current page as a PDF. 

Hope I understood that correctly, if not please clarify :) 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Jitendra Singh April 5, 2023

thanks for reply, 
But i want to automate it and send dashboard pdf after a particular time. thats why manually doing it will not work. i have to create dashboard pdf using a script.

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

I see you've already accepted Dave's answer above so I imagine you're just going to proceed to sharing the dashboard?

Like Levente Szabo _Midori_ likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hi @Jitendra Singh and welcome to the community,

Out of the box, you can't export a dashboard to a pdf. There are apps which allow you to share a dashboard with 3rd party users and there can be apps on the marketplace which exports the dashboard to a pdf. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events