i don't see create sub-task under Story, Task & Bug

Siva January 11, 2022

Hello Team,

I am new to Jira Cloud. I chosen Scrum Project Template while creating projects. I could see Subtask in Issue Type under Project Settings. Under Story / Bug / Task Detail page couldn't see Create Sub-task button or below More link also. Please provide your valuable input at the earliest. 

Thanks,

Siva

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Siva 

Welcome!

Please check the following:

Access the project settings;
Click on "Issue Types";
Be sure to add the issue type "Sub-task" in the project's issuetype schema.

After that, try to create a Story and validate if the option to create a sub-task is already available.

If it doesn't work, come back with a screenshot of the Story screen so we can evaluate your screen.

Siva January 11, 2022

I could see sub task under issue type but it was not showing up under the Story / Bug Issue Type. Please check it and provide your input.

Screenshots:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Siva 

Thanks for the prints. I have news!

I noticed that you are working on a Team Managed template project, this is a simpler settings project template, so for you to insert the sub-task you need to create it by clicking on "Add a child issue".

The native "Create Sub-task" option is only available for "Company Managed" template projects.

When you are going to create a project, you choose whether it is SCRUM or KANBAN and after that, you need to choose two templates, the difference between them is basically the power of settings that can be applied.

For your project you can create the sub-task using the "Add a child issue" option, but if you really need the "Create subtask" option in the issue, you will need to create a new project and select the "Company managed" template.

Like Siva likes this
Siva January 11, 2022

Thank you @Fernando Eugênio da Silva . It worked now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

@Siva ,

Please click on "Accepted answer" o ensure that others will find this help easier

Suggest an answer