i am trying to set autocomplete=off in Jira for version 8.13.4, can anyone help me on this

vivekrao_k June 23, 2021

HI Everyone,

I am trying to add autocomplete=off in Jira server version 8.13.4 can any one help with which exact file needs to be edited and how it can reflect on login page.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

I would strongly recommend not doing this. 

Setting "autocomplete off" on a login can break some password-safe software, which will lead to worse security because people will choose less secure passwords, share passwords or even write them down unsecured if they can't use a password-safe.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Hi @vivekrao_k 

Are you referring to the JQL auto-complete and issue picker auto-complete options? If so, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0813/configuring-jira-application-options-1027138606.html 

vivekrao_k June 23, 2021

HI @Fazila ashraf 

thank you for the response but i am not looking for this i am looking for a resolution of a vulnerability

where in below highlighted area i want to add a parameter autocomplete=off, i would like to know, which file needs to be edited to add the same in this code

autocomplete=off.PNG

Suggest an answer