how to suppress Tempo announcements in linked Slack channel

scott.moyer June 11, 2021

I have a Jira Issue (Epic) that is linked to Tempo and Slack.  The Slack Channel is a team channel for a specific project and shared by many people.

When I post time to the Tempo Issue, the shared slack channel gets announcements that time has been posted with a 'Select an action' drop down.

There is no point in having time postings in the slack channel  and I would like to suppress them.  How do I do that?

2 answers

0 votes

I found that we were using the Slack Connector Add-on

There is a way to configure the types of Jira events to send to Slack

SlackConnector Issue Tools image.png

I turned off the Work logged event. Hopefully that will take care of my need.

Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

That's a great solution, Scott! Thanks for posting how you resolved the issue.

Regards,

Hyrum

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hello Scott,

Welcome to the community! 

How is your Slack integration configured? You may consider a scripting solution as found on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Check out this documentation on using Jira Automation with Slack.

You can also send messages to Slack using Power Scripts.

Please note that I am a support engineer for Power Scripts and work for Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Regards,

Hyrum

Hi Hyrun, 

Thanks for answering.  The Slack integration is the default provided by Jira.  When I was in my Jira Issue, I clicked on the Action - Connect Slack Channel.  Then entered an existing Slack channel we are using for this project.

I am getting bot posts in Slack when something changes on the Jira issue just as I wanted.   But I also connected Tempo to the Jira issue to remind people to post time.

Now I would like time postings to be suppressed from the Slack bot since they don't need to be broadcasted to the Slack channel.

Do you think the Jira Automation with Slack would include an example on suppressing postings?

Scott

Suggest an answer