how to set up a field that is connected with google sheet

Ben Chen July 21, 2021

when l input any value in a field, the system could, for example, automatically vlookup the value with the external google sheets

1 answer

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hello @Ben Chen ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not sure I understand correctly, are you trying to load data from Google Sheets into a custom field in Jira or the other way around?

If it is the other way around (load data from Jira into Google Sheets), then there is the free app Jira Cloud for Google Sheets developed by Atlassian that might fit your needs:

If you want to load data from Google Sheets into Jira Cloud instead, then I am afraid there is no OOB way to do so. However, you may want to search for 3rd party apps available in our marketplace that might allow you to do so:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario 

Ben Chen July 22, 2021

Hi Dario

Many thanks for your advice!

The application in the link of Atlassian Marketplace may help me a lot. Anyway, l will have a research here to find any function that could help me.

Thanks again~

Yours sincerely

Ben

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

You are very welcome @Ben Chen . 

Also, in case of any doubt, you can contact the vendors and ask for more details on what is possible to achieve using their apps 

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events