how do i create kanban board and add existing project

Kiran_Nandedkar March 25, 2019

I created new project with kanban board. But i dont see any way i can add existing project so that i can get list of all tasks from other project. I am site admin so i guess that i enough to do this. I have tried to follow this link 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-I-create-boards-in-existing-project-in-the-new-JIRA/qaq-p/670558

But i dont get any option to add existing project while creating project with kanban board. Please help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Hi Kiran,

If you click on the magnifying glass on the left hand side and then select Advanced search for Boards at the bottom, that will take you to a list of all boards.

At that point you can search for a board that you want to copy, click the 3 dot menu to the right of the board and select Copy.

Or you can simple click the Create board button on the top right of the page. 

Perfect :) Many thanks

Like Yuriy likes this
Antonio Colin July 31, 2021

I need a project with two boards but this is not a software development project, which kind of projects supports more than 1 board?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Which of the following best conveys what you are trying to do?

1. add issues from project B to an existing Kanban that currently displays Issues from project A.
  2. create a new Kanban board that has project A and project B issues.
  3. or something else.

in #1 you would edit the filter of the existing Kanban board via Board settings > general. In #2 you could Create board in the view all boards screen.

I did following steps

1. I created new project

2. Selected Kanban template

Now i want to add all issues from another project say project B. How to do this?

Second scenario 

I already have existing project say project B. How can i add kanban board in it because it doesnt have any board

Suggest an answer