hours per day smart value ?

soubirou May 14, 2021

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to access the "hours per day" configuration value ?

Is there a smart value for it ?

Is there a list of keywords ? (issue, assignee, sprint, commit...) 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hi @soubirou 

I does not appear those fields are available from smart values...yet.

They are available via the REST API:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/1000.824.0/#api/2/configuration/timetracking-getSharedTimeTrackingConfiguration

So, I believe you could make a webrequest to the REST API, save the working hours per day, and then use that value in your calculation.  Here is how to call the REST API from an automation rule:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828

Please note: this will take at least several seconds per rule execution due to the webrequest call.

Best regards,

Bill

soubirou May 17, 2021

Thanck you @Bill Sheboy 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hello @soubirou 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide more information about your scenario and what you are trying to accomplish?

soubirou May 14, 2021

I try to automatically update the "Original estimate" field based on the update of the "Story Points" one with a math smart value like : 

{{issue.story points.divide(MY_VELOCITY).multiply(HOUR_PER_DAY_CONFIGURATION).multiply(60)}}m

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

For clarity, where have you configured "hours per day"?

soubirou May 17, 2021

It's in the Issue configuration panel : 

CaptureIssue.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders