found a bug in live Jira UI

Nita Sutreja June 26, 2018

I simply copied and pasted text in comment section and it crashed. Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2018

Hi, I understand you found a problem in your Jira site.  I have more questions for you in order to better understand how to troubleshoot this issue.  There could be lots of possible causes for the behavior you described here.

1. Is this Jira Server or Jira Cloud?
  2. If Server, what version of Jira is this?
  3. Could you please provide some more steps needed to reproduce this?
  4. When you say "it crashed", could you clarify the problem here?  Did your browser session become corrupted?  Did the entire site fail?
  5. Can you reproduce this problem in different browsers? (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc)
  6. Could you also please let us know what user plugins are also installed here?  I noticed there appears to be a tab here called 'CI Builds' that I'm not familiar with.
0 votes
Nita Sutreja June 27, 2018

Pasted about 20 lines including blank lines...no special characters but I copied some lines from google grunt shell. Since then format is messed up. The issue is still there btw. 

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2018

How much text did you paste in?

Did it have any unusual characters?

Suggest an answer