even the owner of the board not able to open the board it showing error no permission for owner also

JAYANTH, N August 9, 2022

in  jira one of the board even the owner of that board and that project members also not able to open the board we tried by changin owner to us also as we are jira administrator we also not able to open and board was also not deleted. but it showing error like board was deleted or u dont have permission even for owner also.

i have attached the screenshot also kindly check on that please.

image-2022-08-03-10-08-43-259.png

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi Jayanth - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This can happen if someone changes the filter used by the board and did not share it. Sharing the filter used by the board is what makes it visible/accessible. 

Find out if anyone at all can see it - they are probably the one who changed the filter. 

JAYANTH, N August 11, 2022

hi hohn Funk,

there no one can able to see the dashboard  asked all no one changed like they telling and some ppls left organization may be someone from them did that but as present no one ca able to see

Thank You

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Can you go to the list of all boards and see if you can see it there? 

JAYANTH, N August 15, 2022

yes in dashnpard list i can able to see the dashboard.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

Are we talking about dashboards or Kanban boards? They are two different things. 

JAYANTH, N August 18, 2022

In boards list i checked and the board is present

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2022

Can you click the 3 dots menu on the right side for the board in the list and choose Edit settings? There you should see the filter that is being used. 

JAYANTH, N August 18, 2022

no board onlynot opening to edit it just load and shows the error

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2022

You said "In boards list i checked and the board is present"

Now you say "no board" 

Which is it?

JAYANTH, N August 19, 2022

in list we cant find 3 dots just we can able to see configure there we can see chnage owner if we chnage owner also even that owner also not able to open .

i have attached a snap kindly check that.dashboard list.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

See, this is Dashboards again, but you said it was Boards. Which is it? 

JAYANTH, N August 23, 2022

hi john yes it was a dashboard

even the owner also not able to open.

so can u please help us on this.

Thank You

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

Thanks for the clarification.  Does the owner of the dashboard have full access to the project being used by all of the gadgets in the dashboard? What gadgets are being used? 

JAYANTH, N August 24, 2022

owner have all the access we changed us like  admin as owner but still we not able to open the board itself.

Thank You

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

I would suggest opening a support ticket with Atlassian then.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here with the resolution so future readers can see. 

Good Luck!

Suggest an answer