description of an issue

Administrador October 8, 2021

Hi, 

I would like to add the possibility of adding a screenshot when an issue is created. 

We have this when you modify the ticket but not on the first attempt. 

Can anyone help me modifying the fields of the description please?

Thank you 

2 answers

0 votes
Administrador October 11, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy , 

When I first create a new issue I do not have the option to add images. It is only when I try to modify the existing issue it lets me add the image. Is there a way to add this images on the first attempt? or I have to create it and the modify the issue in order to add pictures? If I am not being clear enough let me know please. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2021

Hi @Administrador 

How are you trying to add the image and what do you observe happening?

I just tried this two ways and it worked for me during issue create: copy/paste and upload the image using the description field's add-attachment button.

Kind regards,
Bill

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Administrador 

Please try to stick to one thread, as that will help others reviewing this topic learn if there are multiple possible answers to a question.  Thanks!

Would you please post an image of what you see when you select Create Issue?  I have not seen the controls change for the description field, and I wonder if your site admin has changed the default editor for the fields.

Administrador October 14, 2021

@Bill Sheboy

Please find the screenshot attached. 

When you first create a new issue in Jira, there is not option to attach any picture / image, however, once created you can modify the ticket and there is when you see the option. Not sure if this is set up by default in cloud. But our team is constantly creating new tickets and they would need this option available on the first attempt. 

This is the view when you create a new ticket:

crear incidencia 1.JPG

and here is what you see when modifying the ticket. the option is placed on the left corner. 

modifying ticket.JPG

Many thanks 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

Thanks, @Administrador 

When I tried this, I see the attach button on my view for create issue.  I found a few posts and open defects about this symptom:

• when the attach permission is not present for the user, the button does not appear
  • when the attachment field is not on the view, the button does not consistently appear with description
  • the button does not always appear when creating from a roadmap, but you can still drag-n-drop an attachment
  • the Jira Service Management, new issue view does not have the attach button for issue create

If none of these apply for you, please consider asking your site admin to submit a ticket to support so they can take a look at your site instance: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

And when they get back to you, please post what you learn to help the whole community.  Thanks!

Administrador October 20, 2021

I had to open a ticket with atlassian support and they helped me to get the attachment button on the isuee screen view. 

The default screen associated with the Create, Edit and View operations was not having the attachment field added, once I added it it appeared. 

Hope this can help anyone in the future 

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events